Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let the Blogging Begin!

We're off to Ecuador in less than three weeks - it's hard to believe. I have been planning this trip since almost the day Andrea left and now it really is almost here. Crazy!

Toni and I have been bouncing around the idea of starting a blog to record our adventures and finally I have taken the plunge. We want everyone to see all of the amazing things Andrea has already done in Ecuador and the things she is helping her community to achieve. Plus, we want to be able to record our amazing adventure as Toni, Andrea, Alex and I travel throughout the country of Ecuador.

I also want to make sure we highlight the wonderful contributions that the students at Beaver Meadow Elementary School are making to the children of Ecuador. More specifically, providing games, toys and school supplies to the children of Tabuga which is Andrea's tribe in Ecuador. Toni has been sharing Andrea's Peace Corps. experience with the Beaver Meadow students and they in turn, have been learning and studying about the Country of Ecuador and its people.

I'll be uploading photos soon and promise to get our itinerary published. There is lots to see and do in Ecuador and Andrea has made a lot of good friends there. We promise to show you all that we can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I hope you have a wonderful trip! I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the trip when you get back.
Please give andrea a hug for me.
love, rebecca

Anonymous said...

I love it! Excellent idea. Every traveller should be a blogger. Cannot wait to see the adventures! Alex is totally going to eat the weirdest food in Ecuador. He wins!